Monday, August 4, 2014

Cooking is sooooo Frustrating!!

Hi,

Yep, I'll get to Cooking in a while. But first I need to tell you why I decided to level it.

I started off, as planned, getting Teccy to 30. She got to 29 in Whitevale and then just did the first few quests in Farside to get to 30. You know the plan was then to work on Slinger more, and Teccy and get them to even higher levels. Well, I decided that I'm fed up with Esper only having a Tier 2 Mineral plot, so I decided that I needed to get her to 30.

She started doing some quests in Whitevale and it was going well, until she had to do the ones where you go behind the bookcase in a camp down into a cave. There are lots of mobs and they re-spawn quite quickly. She was getting some stuff done, died, went back, died, went back, died, went back died. You get the picture. I don't remember having this trouble before, and I realize why now. Others were doing it at the same time, but no such luck now. So, I decided that she could do with a bit of a Moxie boost from food to make it easier, so I started leveling cooking on Cassy.

Because I'd sent all the herbs to Teccy, Cassy needed to farm them all again for Cooking. And here's the frustrating bit. Every single recipe other than the base ones you buy from vendors is hidden, and needs to be discovered. This is unlike Architect and Technologist, where hidden recipes are the exception, and not the norm. It sometimes takes like 10-20 tries to get a recipe unlocked for Cooking. So frustrating! Anyway, Cassy farmed herbs and got Cooking 1, farmed more herbs, and got Cooking 2 and is almost done with Cooking 3 (Where are you Glowmelon :)). She did create Moxie boost food, and sent to Esper.

Then Esper was able to complete that cave. She then went to the Hazmat Suit cave, and completed that in one run, even with no one else running it. The Moxie boosts last 30 minutes, so she had an easier time, and made it to 25 now, and is about to head to the Lopp area (no caves, thankfully :)).

Cassy has continued to do the Dailes, but got to Beloved with Crimson Badlands, so she stopped doing those. So she only does the Northern Wastes ones now. She's been accumulating tons of Galactium Ore and Starloom Cloth.

Bank


The Starloom Cloth is waiting for Slinger to get to Expert, but I haven't found anything good to do with Galactium Ore. But a thread on the forums said that crafting Lopp Hookah (vendors for just above 71s) was a good use, if you have the right Architect talents that reduce the Ore needed, and can return Ore on a successful craft. So, I concentrated on getting more Talent points for Architect on Esper, and got to Expert. I finished just this morning, and now Esper can make tons of gold with all the Galactium Ore I have.

Just wanted to let you know what's happening with CREDD prices on Thunderfoot. It's been steadily rising, since I bought my last one for 6p.

CREDD
As you can see, lowest sell is now 7p, and highest Buy is a little over 6p. As I have over 20p again on Cassy, and 4p, 3p, 3p on other characters, it's not an issue at all, but I'm just keeping an eye on it.

Dominion on Thunderfoot:
 
Cassybrit (Cassian/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 50
Bags: 15/14/13/13 Crafts: Mining Tier 5 Survivalist Tier 5
Esperbrit (Cassian/Esper/Settler) Level 25
Bags: 10/9/8/8 Crafts: Mining Tier 4 Architecture Tier 5
Meccybrit (Mechari/Engineer/Soldier) Level 23
Bags: 10/9/8/7 Crafts: Suvivalist Tier 4 Outfitter Tier 3

Chewwybrit (Chua/Engineer/Explorer) Level 18
Bags: 10/7/7/6 Crafts: Weaponsmith Tier 4 Armorsmith Tier 4

Teccybrit (Draken/Spellslinger/Settler) Level 30
Bags: 11/10/9/9 Crafts: Relic Hunting Tier 5 Technologist Tier 5
Slingerbrit (Cassian/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 30
Bags: 10/10/9/9 Crafts: Survivalist Tier 5 Tailoring Tier 4

Exiles on Avatus:

Bunnybrit (Aurin/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 3
Bags: 10/0/0/0 Crafts: N/A



For Dominion, I'm now 176/300. For Exile, I'm 3/300 :)

The plan for next week is to level Esper to 30 and get the Mineral Tier 3 Kit. Then, I'll work on Slinger and Teccy again. I'll continue doing the NW dailies on Cassy, but I don't know what I'll do when I get to Beloved with them. Maybe just stop doing dailes!?

Cheers. 

3 comments:

  1. While I enjoyed the other profession, I HATED cooking. Because of the discovery part I am sure. I never was able to "find" anything. MISS MISS MISS. So I gave up :P I enjoyed architecture a lot tho. Was easier to discover the few things you needed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just got to make Tier 4 FabKits with Architecture, and it was a breeze compared to Cooking. But I have now done Cooking 4, and now on to Cooking 5. I have all the Tier 5 herbs, so it should be pretty quick. Also, I'm getting better at predicting where the hits need to be from all the arrows. So, maybe it's only soo Frustrating now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sneak preview for next Monday. The Title:

    A Tradeskill Mash-up!

    ReplyDelete