Monday, July 7, 2014

My Technical Issues

Hi,

Well, let me tell you about how I play the game. I play on a Mac. I use bootcamp to boot in Windows 7. Wildstar runs OK mostly, but when I'm in a heavy memory hoggy zone, I crash a lot with out of Memory, or bad memory references. I've verified that this is because I'm on a Mac, because I downloaded on my Windows laptop, and have no similar issues. What I do, is every time I need to go to Illium, or Grimvault, I quit, log into my laptop, do what I have to, and then go back to my Mac. Not perfect, and I really wish they'd have a native Mac port.

On to my play this week. I needed Ancient Wood for Esper for Architecture. I was shocked when the Tier 2 Thicket didn't give any, so I decided to level Meccy some more, to get to the Tier 3 tree zones. Well, it was really frustrating. I don't know if I can play an Engineer very well. I kept dying in Whitevale. Especially in the cave with the Hazmat suits. Arrgggh. So, I had a brilliant idea. Why not just replace Relic Hunting on Cassy with Survivalist instead? Indeed, that's what I did. Zoomed through the first couple of Tiers, and found lots of Tier 3 trees in Southern Whitvale, and Farside. And then ground out to get to Tier 5.

The Strain dropped this week, and I immediately started doing the Northern Wastes dailies along with the Crimson Badlands ones. I get Elder Gem capped in 3 days! Now, after getting EG capped, you get 2g38s each time you would have got an EG. So really, every quest is 3g or more. That's about 70g from the two daily areas, not to mention any drops (got a purple rarity dye and sold it for 1p), so I'm now sitting at just over 12p.

BTW: I have not even got around to doing Blighthaven yet :)

Cassy has made some changes to her house:

The outside

There's a large Falkrin Gate at the entrance, and a Pell banner over on the left with some type of Exile ship.

Inside, right

I bought a couple of Cassian Walls (on the right) and moved the bed behind them. I also learned how to use advanced controls, so I'm now hovering the Eye.

The rest

Pretty much the same as before, with the bad gone, but there is a Hooded Stove that Esper made at the back there. I eventually hope to have walls separating most of the space, and maybe a second floor.

So, what else. Well, after I found out that I couldn't play Engineers, and because I realized that maybe my Tailor could make some great gear at endgame, I decided to focus on Slinger. I got her to 20, and will be planning on her as my next 50 now.

I'm also leveling Teccy a lot, and really loving Technologist right now. I wanted to make Power Cores for my troops, but she's selling the Refined Quartz ones for 30-40s, so my other characters are just buying the cheap ones from the vendors to level their cratfs instead. It really looks like Power Cores will be a nice little earner for Teccy, so I plan on leveling her too.

Dominion on Thunderfoot:
 
Cassybrit (Cassian/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 50
Bags: 13/13/13/13 Crafts: Mining Tier 5 Survivalist Tier 5
Esperbrit (Cassian/Esper/Settler) Level 20
Bags: 10/8/7/7 Crafts: Mining Tier 4 Architecture Tier 4
Meccybrit (Mechari/Engineer/Soldier) Level 23
Bags: 10/9/8/7 Crafts: Suvivalist Tier 3 Outfitter Tier 2

Chewwybrit (Chua/Engineer/Explorer) Level 14
Bags: 10/6/5/4 Crafts: Weaponsmith Tier 3 Armorsmith Tier 2

Teccybrit (Draken/Spellslinger/Settler) Level 15
Bags: 10/8/7/7 Crafts: Relic Hunting Tier 3 Technologist Tier 3
Slingerbrit (Cassian/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 20
Bags: 10/8/7/7 Crafts: Survivalist Tier 3 Tailoring Tier 2

Exiles on Avatus:

Bunnybrit (Aurin/Spellslinger/Scientist) Level 2
Bags: 10/0/0/0 Crafts: N/A


Next week, I plan to do more dailies on Cassy, level Slinger a lot more, and make tons more gold. Teccy will likely get more play too. Maybe Cassy will even get to do Blighthaven this week :)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment